GlobalPlatform Announces Board of Directors for Fiscal Year 2009-2010
07 December 2009 – GlobalPlatform, the international specification body for smart card infrastructure, has announced its Board of Directors for fiscal year 2009-2010*, following annual elections for five of the eleven Board seats. Individual members to serve as Board Officers for a one-year term have also been confirmed.
Sébastien Tormos, Director of Marketing at Datacard Group, retains his position as Chairman of the organization for a second year. Marc Kekicheff, Senior Business Leader at Visa Inc., who has been an active participant and driving force of GlobalPlatform since its inception in 1999, will support Mr. Tormos as GlobalPlatform’s Vice Chair for his fifth consecutive term. For a third year Yves Moulart, Director of Development and Innovation within STMicroelectronics’ Smart Card Products, Secure Software Solutions division, will serve as GlobalPlatform’s Secretary / Treasurer.
Five Board seats were open for election. Both Mr. Tormos and Mr. Moulart were re-elected to serve a two year term alongside the following individuals:
- Christoph Siegelin, Director of Marketing & Business Development, Financial Services and Retail Division – Gemalto
- Christian Delporte, Vice-President, Head of Product Development, Chip Centre of Excellence – MasterCard
- Sebastian Hans, Senior Standardization Manager – Sun Microsystems.
GlobalPlatform’s Strategic Director, Shoji Taniguchi, Chief Marketing Specialist at Toshiba Corporation, was also re-appointed by the Board. He will maintain his responsibility for positioning GlobalPlatform in key Japanese and Asian government initiatives for the third consecutive year.
Sébastien Tormos comments: “First and foremost, I would like to thank GlobalPlatform’s Board and all our members for their continued energy and passion to drive the organization forward. Without their hard work and dedication, GlobalPlatform would not have been able to achieve such an impressive list of technical and marketing advances over the past year.”
Commenting on the year ahead, Mr. Tormos adds: “Since October 01 we have already welcomed six new members, reaching our highest membership level in the organization’s ten year history. This is a clear indication of the ever-increasing role of GlobalPlatform as markets converge to deliver innovative and convenient services to end users. Member interest and engagement in GlobalPlatform is also continuing to rise due to the strong work of our Government and Mobile Task Forces, and their successful role in defining business requirements that shape our key technical initiatives. We look forward to a productive 2010.”
Notes to Editors
*GlobalPlatform’s financial year runs from October to September.
GlobalPlatform is the global leader in smart card infrastructure development and its proven, technical specifications for cards, devices and systems are known as the standard for smart card infrastructure. GlobalPlatform is a member driven association with cross-industry representation from all world continents. For more information about GlobalPlatform, visit: www.globalplatform.org
The GlobalPlatform Board of Directors, in its entirety, consists of the following GlobalPlatform Members:
- Sébastien Tormos, Director of Marketing – Datacard Group
- Marc Kekicheff, Senior Business Leader – Visa Inc.
- Yves Moulart, Director of Development and Innovation – STMicroelectronics
- Dominic Fedronic, Chief Technology Officer – ActivIdentity
- Christoph Siegelin, Director of Marketing & Business Development (Financial Services and Retail division) – Gemalto
- Uwe Wittig, Group Vice President, Cards & Services, Division Payment – Giesecke & Devrient
- Eikazu Niwano, Senior Research Engineer, Service Integration Laboratories – NTT Corporation
- Jean-Loup Depinay, Program Manager R&D Funding – Oberthur Technologies
- Carmen Carnero-Silvo, Deputy General Manager – SERMEPA Sebastian Hans, Senior Standardization Manager – Sun Microsystems
- Sebastian Hans, Senior Standardization Manager – Sun Microsystems