As our digital world expands, standardized technologies are critical to ensure the delivery of secure solutions that offer end-to-end security, privacy, simplicity and convenience to users.
Securing digital services and devices - from smart cards to complex smartphones and IoT devices - requires close collaboration between chip makers, OS and application developers, device manufacturers and end users. GlobalPlatform provides standardized technologies and certifications that enable innovative, secure-by-design digital services and devices to be developed, launched and managed.
GlobalPlatform technologies are:
- Designed to support and facilitate collaboration between the whole ecosystem;
- Developed through an open and consensus-driven process, led by members working in collaboration with industry partners and other interested parties;
- Maintained through the work of GlobalPlatform’s technical committees;
- Market and device agnostic, enabling solutions to be quickly and cost effectively deployed;
- Already securing billions of smart cards, smartphones, wearables and other types of IoT devices;
- Freely available to the industry.