As our digital world expands, standardized technologies are critical to ensure the delivery of secure solutions that offer end-to-end security, privacy, simplicity and convenience to users.
Securing digital services and devices – from smart cards to complex smartphones and IoT devices – requires close collaboration between chip makers, OS and application developers, device manufacturers and end users. GlobalPlatform provides standardized technologies and certifications that enable innovative, secure-by-design digital services and devices to be developed, launched and managed.
Through its secure component specifications, Trusted Platform Services (TPS) APIs, certification programs, IoTopia Framework and Security Evaluation Standard for IoT Platforms (SESIP) Methodology, GlobalPlatform empowers stakeholders across industries to build, certify, deploy and manage solutions in a way that meets their business, security, regulatory and data protection needs. GlobalPlatform answers these varying needs with different levels of security and a range of removable, embedded and integrated standardized technology designs.
GlobalPlatform technologies are:
- Designed to support and facilitate collaboration between the whole ecosystem;
- Developed through an open and consensus-driven process, led by members working in collaboration with industry partners and other interested parties;
- Maintained through the work of GlobalPlatform’s technical committees;
- Market and device agnostic, enabling solutions to be quickly and cost effectively deployed;
- Already securing billions of smart cards, smartphones, wearables and other types of IoT devices;
- Freely available to the industry.