GlobalPlatform has enhanced its training program to support stakeholders adopting the Security Evaluation Standard for IoT Platforms (SESIP) methodology.
Leveraging the organization’s technical expertise on interoperability standards, this training course has been designed to improve industry knowledge of the SESIP methodology, security levels, key concepts including composition, and GlobalPlatform’s Governance model.
Two-day in-person training or four half-day virtual sessions are available for:
- Product vendors, regulators, and scheme owners – grow your understanding of the SESIP methodology, its objectives, applicability to other standards and GlobalPlatform Governance rules. This includes SESIP security profile requirements and how to become a GlobalPlatform SESIP Laboratory or Certification Body licensee.
- Labs – learn how to implement the evaluation methodology to support your SESIP projects and provide an efficient and swift solution for IoT device certification. GlobalPlatform member companies can also participate in GlobalPlatform’s committees and task forces to improve the SESIP methodology and associated supporting documents.
This training program consists of six main parts:
- Why SESIP?
- What is SESIP?
- SESIP Reusability
- SESIP catalog of security features and assurance packages
- SESIP security functional requirements
- Security Assurance Requirements for levels 1 to 5
- SESIP attack potential rating (with examples and exercises of attack rating calculation)
- The concept of SESIP composition
- SESIP security profile published by GlobalPlatform
- Microcontroller Units (MCU)
- External memories
- GlobalPlatform governance
- How to become a GlobalPlatform SESIP Laboratory licensee
- How to become a GlobalPlatform SESIP Certification Body licensee
- Upon the delivery of the training a final exam will take place to validate the acquired knowledge and a certificate of completion will be issued to all those who pass the course.
- The sessions will be delivered in English by a GlobalPlatform instructor.
- To provide a dynamic learning environment, the sessions are best when limited to a maximum of 15 students.
- All training sessions are conducted in-house. Visit In-House Training for member and non-member fee structure.