GlobalPlatform Board of Directors Announced
New leadership team highlights TEE security certification, IoT standardization and developer engagement as key 2016 priorities
21 December 2015 – GlobalPlatform, the association which standardizes the management of applications on secure chip technology, has announced its Board of Directors for fiscal year 2016. Five Board seats were open in the election, which resulted in each of the following elected individuals being appointed to serve a two year term:
- Marc Kekicheff, Senior Director of Chip Innovation at Visa Inc. Marc retains his position as GlobalPlatform Chairman for the sixth consecutive year.
- Nils Gerhardt, Group Vice President with a global product responsibility for financial institutions at Giesecke & Devrient. Nils joins the Board as GlobalPlatform’s new Vice Chair.
- Yves Moulart, Director of Development and Innovation within ST Microelectronic‘s Secure MCUs Division, Integrated Secure Solutions. Yves retains his role as GlobalPlatform’s Secretary / Treasurer.
- Rob Coombs, Security Marketing Director, Systems & Software, ARM (re-elected).
- Stéphanie El Rhomri, Vice President, Technology at FIME (newly elected).
- Rémi de Fouchier, Vice President, Marketing at Gemalto (re-elected).
- Sebastian Hans, Principal Member of Technical Staff at Oracle (re-elected).
Marc Kekicheff comments: “GlobalPlatform’s success is based on the diversity, experience and expertise of its membership; this makes the organization highly relevant and responsive across technologies, verticals and geographies. The new Board reflects that diversity and authority. With a strong leadership team in place for the coming year, GlobalPlatform will continue to successfully evolve its standardized infrastructure, enabling new opportunities and use cases for secure embedded applications on secure chip technology, and promoting interoperability and stability within existing markets.
“A key priority for the organization in 2016 is the adoption of the GlobalPlatform TEE Certification Scheme by different vertical markets. The goal with this initiative is to accelerate the deployment of certified TEE products and promote a globally interoperable mobile ecosystem.
“Equally, as mobile services proliferate, the need for greater security within the mobile environment is growing too. This, coupled with an increasing integration of secure elements in devices will result in GlobalPlatform becoming more proactive in engaging with the development community in the year ahead. The aim will be to educate developers about the benefits of using GlobalPlatform’s secure components – with an initial focus on the secure element – to help manage risk when bringing secure digital services to market.
“A further focus next year will be to continue to promote the value that GlobalPlatform’s infrastructure and compliance / certification programs can offer when specifically adapted to suit the needs of key verticals. GlobalPlatform is set to play an important role in ensuring interoperability within the IoT environment, particularly across wearables and consumer devices. Further information will soon follow on our activities in this area.
“Thanks to these initiatives, and many more planned for the next twelve months, GlobalPlatform is set for another evolutionary year. I look forward to working with my fellow Board members as we, together with the wider membership, continue to advance GlobalPlatform’s work efforts. I am confident that it will be another year of strong growth and progress.”
For further media information, please contact Rob Peryer or Andrew Murgatroyd at iseepr: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or on + 44 (0) 1943 468007
Keep up to date with the latest news from GlobalPlatform:
- Follow on Twitter: http://bit.ly/wOiHFp
- Join us on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/xjxsN5
- Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GlobalPlatformTV
Notes to editors:
The GlobalPlatform Board of Directors, in its entirety, consists of the following GlobalPlatform Members:
- Marc Kekicheff, Senior Director of Chip Innovation – Visa Inc.
- Nils Gerhardt – Group Vice President with a global product responsibility for financial institutions – Giesecke & Devrient
- Yves Moulart, Director of Development and Innovation, Secure MCUs Division, Integrated Secure Solutions – STMicroelectronics
- Rob Coombs, Security Marketing Director, Systems & Software – ARM
- Stéphanie El Rhomri, Vice President, Technology – FIME
- Rémi de Fouchier, Vice-President, Marketing – Gemalto
- Gang Lian, Senior Device Security Technology Expert in the R&D Unit – Huawei Device
- Eikazu Niwano, Producer in the R&D Planning Department – NTT Corporation
- Mario Ivkovic – Director, heading R&D Dept for Java Card Applets development, Trust Provisioning and Tools development – NXP
- Sebastian Hans, Principal Member of Technical Staff – Oracle
- Christophe Colas, SVP Product – Trustonic
GlobalPlatform defines and develops specifications to facilitate the secure deployment and management of multiple embedded applications on secure chip technology. Its standardized infrastructure empowers service providers to develop services once and deploy across different markets, devices and channels. GlobalPlatform’s security and privacy parameters enable dynamic combinations of secure and non-secure services from multiple providers on the same device, providing a foundation for market convergence and innovative new cross-sector partnerships.
GlobalPlatform is the international industry standard for trusted end-to-end secure deployment and management solutions. The technology’s widespread global adoption across finance, mobile/telecom, government, premium content, automotive, healthcare, retail and transit sectors delivers cost and time-to-market efficiencies to all. GlobalPlatform supports the long-term interoperability and scalability of application deployment and management through its secure chip technology open compliance program.
As a non-profit, member-driven association, GlobalPlatform has cross-market representation from all continents. 120+ members contribute to technical committees and market-led task forces. For more information on GlobalPlatform membership visit www.globalplatform.org