GlobalPlatform Announces Board of Directors for Fiscal Year 2013
3, December 2012 – GlobalPlatform, the organization which standardizes the management of applications on secure chip technology, has announced its Board of Directors for fiscal year 2013*, following annual elections for six of the eleven Board seats. Individual members to serve as Board Officers for a one-year term have also been confirmed, as well as the appointment of a new Mobile Task Force Chair and Strategic Director.
Marc Kekicheff – Senior Business Leader of Chip Innovation at Visa Inc. retains his position as Chairman for the third consecutive year. GlobalPlatform Vice-Chairman, Uwe Wittig – Group Vice President, Head of Business Line Payment, Transit and Authentication at Giesecke & Devrient, and GlobalPlatform’s Secretary / Treasurer, Yves Moulart – Director of Development and Innovation within STMicroelectronics’ Secure MCUs Division, Secure Software Solutions have also been re-appointed to their respective roles at GlobalPlatform.
Six Board seats were open for election. In addition to Marc Kekicheff and Uwe Witting, each of the following individuals were elected to serve a two year term:
- Janne Uusilehto – Director / Head of Product Security – Nokia
- Eikazu Niwano – Producer in the R&D Planning Department – NTT Corporation
- Andreas Muehlberger – Senior Director Engineering – NXP Semiconductors Business Unit Identification
- Jeppe Dorff – Head of Transaction Services – Rogers Communication
Jeppe Dorff was also appointed as the new Chair of GlobalPlatform’s Mobile Task Force, following the announcement that Marc Kekicheff is stepping down after successfully leading the task force for the previous six years. As Chair of the task force, Jeppe will oversee the group’s efforts to understand the business and technical requirements of the secure mobile services ecosystem to ensure an agreed and workable application management infrastructure is established. This includes work to advance the secure element, trusted execution environment and mobile messaging framework.
The GlobalPlatform Board of Directors also appoints Strategic Directors from the membership to provide it with additional advice and expertise on issues within particular markets. Jerome Becquart, Vice President & General Manager Identity Assurance at HID Global, which is a Full Member of GlobalPlatform, has taken up the voluntary consultative position with immediate effect, to provide guidance on the identity market and lead the activities of the Government Task Force.
Marc Kekicheff comments: “This year, we have seen a record number of nominations from our membership for the six Board seats that were up for re-election. This is reflective of not only the increase in membership numbers, but also the growing level of engagement from members and the appetite of those participants to drive the direction of our technical roadmaps. We look forward to working with our new Board members and Strategic Director to continue our advancements in developing and managing secure application technology.”
Earlier this year, GlobalPlatform announced that it had reached 100 members. The association highlights that the landmark achievement is a sign of the relevance of its work to today’s marketplace.
For further media information, please contact Kirsty Pearson or Sarah Jones at iseepr: Kirsty@iseepr.co.uk / firstname.lastname@example.org or on + 44 (0) 1943 468007/p>
Notes to editors
Keep up to date with the latest news from GlobalPlatform:
- Follow on Twitter: http://bit.ly/wOiHFp
- Join us on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/xjxsN5Notes to editors:
*GlobalPlatform’s financial year runs from 01 October to 30 September.The GlobalPlatform Board of Directors, in its entirety, consists of the following GlobalPlatform Members:
• Marc Kekicheff, Senior Business Leader of Chip Innovation – Visa Inc.
• Uwe Wittig, Group Vice President, Head of Business Line Payment, Transit and Authentication – Giesecke & Devrient
• Yves Moulart, Director of Development and Innovation, Secure MCUs Division, Secure Software Solutions – STMicroelectronics
• Simon Moore, Director of Engineering of the Secure Services Division – ARM
• Rémi de Fouchier, Senior Vice President, Trusted Services Management Business Unit – Gemalto
• Arnaud de Chéné, Vice President, Head of Quality & Approval within Chip Centre of Excellence – MasterCard Worldwide
• Janne Uusilehto, Director / Head of Product Security – Nokia
• Eikazu Niwano, Producer in the R&D Planning Department – NTT Corporation
• Andreas Muehlberger, Senior Director Engineering – NXP Semiconductors Business Unit Identification
• Jeppe Dorff, Head of Transaction Services – Rogers Communication
• Sebastian Hans, Senior Standardization Manager – Oracle
Recent press releases relevant to this story: