Premium Content Task Force
GlobalPlatform established the Premium Content Task Force in 2012 in response to the growing consumption of premium content on mobile devices, tablets, set-top boxes and smart TVs, and the requirement for the content to be hosted in a protected and secure environment. The group recognizes that stakeholders need to have clearly defined standards to ensure market consistency, promote product confidence and encourage a commercially viable ecosystem. The task force continues to work with content copyright holders, aggregators, technology providers and device manufacturers to further understand the security requirements needed to protect this form of content.
The task force is working to identify the key business and use cases in this market segment. It is also collaborating with the relevant technical committees to ensure that GlobalPlatform Specifications can be enhanced to provide compelling solutions to the market.
The group currently comprises 58 GlobalPlatform member companies.
Premium Content Task Force activities and achievements
2016 Activities and Priorities:
- To continue developing requirements for the TEE architecture and APIs for premium content.
- To promote the TEE Security Certification Program, the TEE Protection Profile and the certification process to content owners.
- To define key premium content use cases, determine the relevant technical and business requirements for these use cases and develop and publish relevant requirements documents.
- To determine how GlobalPlatform technologies such as TEE are currently being utilized in this market and align GlobalPlatform's existing technical roadmaps with these requirements and enhancements
Achievements to Date:
- Published system requirements for Secure Video Playback Platforms.
- Published a white paper on Improving Premium Content Protection with the TEE.
- Established a liaison agreement with Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) and continuing outreach to the industry through meetings with major Hollywood studies, DRM providers and AACS LA.
- Completed a gap analysis between SCSA Compliance and Robustness Rules (CRR) and the GlobalPlatform TEE Protection Profile.
For further details or to get involved in this activity, please visit the member only website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.