GlobalPlatform will work with clients implementing the training to customize the offering to meet individual business needs.
Outlined below are example agendas of GlobalPlatform’s Card Technology two-day training program and one-day Contactless training program.
- GlobalPlatform overview of card, device and systems technology
- GlobalPlatform definitions - including roles, responsibilities and recognized business models
- Detailed explanation of GlobalPlatform Card Specification - including secure channels, security domains and application programming interfaces
- Detailed explanation of Card Specification v2.2 Amendment A - Confidential Card Content Management and main use cases
- Detailed explanation of Card Specifications v2.2 Amendment B – remote application management over HTTP
- Detailed explanation of Card Specifications v2.2 Amendment D – Secure Channel Protocol (SCP) 03 alignment for key management systems
- Detailed explanation of Card Specification v2.2 Amendment E – Security Upgrade for Card Content Management
- GlobalPlatform Card Configuration overview - including GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.1.1 Mapping Guidelines and the UICC Configuration.
- Examples of card structure and deployment model supported by a UICC Configuration
- Introduction to Card Specifications v2.2 Amendment C – Contactless services technology (Detailed Amendment C is covered by Contactless Training)
- Card Compliance Program overview
- Introduction to GlobalPlatform Card Networked Framework v1.0
- Systems technology update -GlobalPlatform Messaging Specification and trusted service manager (TSM) extension, Smart Card Management System and Profile and Scripting.
- Mobile Equipment Architecture
- Contactless technology in mobile (14443, NFC IP1&2, NFC Forum, HCI/SWP, NCI overviews)
- Different secure element (SE) architectures
- SE, UICC and smart microSD
- Mobile Wallet and Service Provider GUI, design and functionalities
- UI-SE communication principles : Open Mobile API overview
- Amendment C
- SE Access Control
- SD Management extension
- Amendment E-Scenario 3
- SE Configuration overview
- UICC Configuration
- SE Configuration (upon availability)
- TSM messaging
- TSM and other off-card systems roles
- Main processes supported in 1.0 (UICC centric)
- Service Eligibility
- Service Installation (including Amendment C and Access Control mechanisms description)
- Service life-cycle management
- Lost&stolen process
- Change of handset/USIM
- Service termination
- Use case workshop (white board exercise)
- Illustrate usage of GlobalPlatform messages for a given process and for a defined business model
*This is a guideline – all courses are customized to meet specific client requirements.*
"...extremely helpful...I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good foundation in the GlobalPlatform Card Specification."
Past delegate, Proxama Limited
"The trainer was outstanding; extremely knowledgeable and kept attention well. He did a good job reducing complex and technically challenging concepts for a less informed audience."
Past delegate, Exponent
If you would like further information regarding the GlobalPlatform Card Technology Training Program, please contact the secretariat.